Medix Ambulance Membership Program
Only $69/year/per household!
Membership covers medically necessary emergency transportation within our district, and non-emergency Advanced Life Support transfers originating from Local Hospitals.
- Your membership will cover the first $100.00 of any deductible your insurance carrier applies to each “household” member’s responsibility.
- A “household” is you, your spouse, and any of your unmarried children under the age of 26.
- Your membership will cover the first $100.00 of any co-payment/benefit limitation your insurance carrier applies to your emergency transport claim.
- Any co-payment/benefit limitation exceeding $100.00 will be reduced by 50%.The remaining 50% is the member’s responsibility. Coverage of your plan’s deductible is applied separately.
- For those without medical insurance, the first $100.00 is waived for each covered ambulance transport.All additional charges are reduced by 50%
- Membership will cover one “Treat & Release” service per registered household member per 12 month membership term
- Membership covers miles transported beyond the closest hospital. Currently Medicare and Medicaid will only cover services to the nearest appropriate hospital that is able to give you the care you need.
Medix Ambulance covers all of Clatsop County, and any family living within our response area is eligible for membership. Below are the following communities our agency provides Advanced Life Support to:
- Cannon Beach
- Jeffers Garden
If you are unsure if your address falls within our service area, please call and chat with our friendly billing staff who can assist you in determining eligibility.
Services not covered by membership:
- Non-emergency transportation (however, medically necessary ALS transfers from local Hospital Emergency Departments are covered)
- Services to non-members, such as residents of a household that are not a spouse, or a person, such as a child, not claimed as a dependent on your taxes.
- Any more than one “treat and release” service per individual household member per annual term.
Medix Ambulance Membership has partnered with FireMed to extend our membership benefits to the areas indicated above. In addition, our agreement with American Medical Response (AMR) further extends coverage to Multnomah County, Grants Pass, and additional areas of Clackamas County.